Lanna Apisukh is a portrait and documentary photographer based in New York City. With a background in skateboarding and an extensive athletic career as a former elite gymnast, she is drawn to photographing dynamic individuals walking their own path. Her work explores people and their relationship to place, culture, identity and gender through bold and honest stories she strives to create in her images.
Lanna is a Bachelor of Arts graduate of the University of Washington and has expanded on her photography education at the Fashion Institute of Technology. Her subjects span from TV personalities, skateboarders and CEOs to artists, immigrants, everyday people and their surroundings.
Lanna is a member of Diversify Photo and a recipient of the 2020 Fujifilm Collaborator award. Her work has been published in various journals and publications including The New York Times, Bust Magazine, Aint–Bad and New York Magazine. In addition to her freelance photography career, she works with BKC photo school to provide creative education to everyday New Yorkers. Lanna is also a founding member of Seeing Collective, an artist group hosting talks, photo exhibitions and critiques to foster community and a supportive network within the photo industry.
Lanna is available for assignments and commissions.
Lanna's select stock archive can be found on REDUX PICTURES.
Portrait of Lanna by Fiona Veronique.
Selected Clients & Publications
Adidas x Wanderlust
Alley x Verizon
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Evergreen x Horizon Media
Fox Sports (First Things First)
Lang Lang International Music Foundation
Of Her Own Kind
Prelude Projects x Carvalho Park Gallery
The Calvert Journal
The New York Times
New York Magazine
The Photographic Journal
Nowhere Print Annual
The Wall Street Journal
Exhibitions & Presentations
- Relief Markt Group Exhibition, Waterfront Studios, Brooklyn, NY (Dec 2020)
- NY Photo Salon x School of Visual Arts, Online Presentation (Oct 2020)
- Smokey Vale Gallery 'Community' Group Exhibition, Brooklyn, NY (Sept 2020)
- Czech Center New York ‘Still Cities’ Exhibition, New York, NY (June 2020)
- Humble Arts Foundation: Group Show 63, 'Love Actually' (Nov 2019)
- Seeing Collective x BKC ‘Disconnect’ Group Show, Brooklyn (Oct 2019)
- Lomography 'Metropolis' Group Show, Brooklyn, NY (Aug 2019)