Lanna Apisukh is a freelance portrait and documentary photographer based in New York City. With a background in skateboarding and an extensive athletic career as a former elite gymnast, she is drawn to photographing dynamic individuals walking their own path. Her work explores people and their relationship to place, culture, identity and gender through bold and honest stories she strives to create in her images.
Lanna is a Bachelor of Arts graduate of the University of Washington and has expanded on her photography education at the Fashion Institute of Technology. Her subjects span from TV personalities, skateboarders and CEOs to artists, immigrant communities, everyday people and their surroundings.
Lanna is a member of Diversify Photo and a recipient of the 2020 Fujifilm Collaborator award. She has worked on assignments with The New York Times, Bust Magazine, The Wall Street Journal and New York Magazine. In addition to her photography career, she helps to provide creative education to everyday New Yorkers with BKC photo school. Lanna is also a founding member of Seeing Collective, an artist group hosting talks, photo exhibitions and critiques to foster community and a supportive network within the photo industry.
Lanna is available for assignments and commissions.
Lanna's select stock archive can be found on Redux Pictures.
Portrait of Lanna by Fiona Veronique.
Selected Clients & Publications
The New York Times
New York Magazine
The Wall Street Journal
It's Nice That
The Calvert Journal
The Criterion Collection
Milk.xyz (Milk Studios)
Prestel Publishing (Skate Like a Girl)
The Photographic Journal
Adidas x Wanderlust
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Evergreen x Horizon Media
Fox Sports (First Things First)
Lang Lang International Music Foundation
Of Her Own Kind
Carvalho Park Gallery
Exhibitions & Presentations
- Relief Markt Group Exhibition, Waterfront Studios, Brooklyn, NY (Dec 2020)
- NY Photo Salon x School of Visual Arts, Online Presentation (Oct 2020)
- Smokey Vale Gallery 'Community' Group Exhibition, Brooklyn, NY (Sept 2020)
- Czech Center New York ‘Still Cities’ Exhibition, New York, NY (June 2020)
- Humble Arts Foundation: Group Show 63, 'Love Actually' (Nov 2019)
- Seeing Collective x BKC ‘Disconnect’ Group Show, Brooklyn (Oct 2019)
- Lomography 'Metropolis' Group Show, Brooklyn, NY (Aug 2019)